CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Personal Development
Save on Personal Development
- £12.51Trending at £15.11
- £8.90Trending at £10.94
- £5.45Trending at £8.95
- £8.89Trending at £9.16
- £14.44Trending at £16.06
- £9.45Trending at £12.32
- £7.63Trending at £7.83
About this product
- Author(s)Hans-Jurgen Warnecke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXVI, 228 p.
- Weight381 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Translated byM. Claypole
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
- Table Of Contents1. Survival in a Turbulent Environment.- 2. Manufacturing - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.- Changes through industrial revolutions.- The question of factory location.- Man and employment - aspects of sociology and ergonomics.- The division of labor - a feature of an efficient economy.- Why are successful businesses successful?.- Outlines of some approaches from the USA and Japan.- Cultural consequences are more serious than technical consequences.- 3. Organizational Design - a Key Component of Strategy.- More knowledge - less plannability.- Service in competition - we are all suppliers and customers.- Complexity and specialization.- Information as a production factor.- The factory of the future?.- Order and chaos - two complementary views of the world.- Structure formation through self-organization.- The world of fractals.- 4. The Fractal Factory - an Integrating Approach.- Definition.- The characteristic of self-similarity.- The characteristic of self-organization.- The characteristics of dynamics and vitality.- An old rule: simplify and maintain order.- Communication and information.- Goal-formation processes.- Navigation and control.- Management and the workforce.- Performance assessment and evaluation.- Working hours.- The way to the Fractal Factory - an exemplary case-study.- 5. A Glance into the Future.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.