All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Other Non-Fiction Books
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to choosing and growing garden fruit. This covers the selection and care of tree and soft fruit, including pruning, pollination and pests, and a section on shop-bought fruit.
- Author BiographyDr David Hessayon initiated a major innovation in gardening publications in 1959 with the first of his Gardening Expert guides. These best-selling guides have had an unparalleled influence on gardening over the past 50 years. There are over 51 million copies in print. He was awarded the 1993 Gardening Book of the Year Award from the Garden Writers Guild and received the first-ever Lifetime Achievement 'Oscar' at the National British Book Awards. In 1999 he received a Guinness World Record Award as 'Britain's best-selling living author of the 1990s'. He lives in Essex, and has two daughters and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)D. G. Hessayon
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/1993
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date27/01/2015
- Content Notecolour photographs, illustrations, charts
- Weight400 g
- Width183 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine10 mm
Most relevant reviews
- bja.gb.eqxbwbq528 Dec, 2016by
The Fruit Expert
The book was every thing I needed to know .
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- loops1965103 Oct, 2014by
Easy to understand - no jargon!
Excellent book. Puchased to help amateur gardener with new fruit trees recently planted. Very helpful, very clear and easy to understand and no jargon! Would recommend.
- af72111 Jun, 2014by
Great reference book
This was purchased for my husband and he finds it very useful and often refers to it. This range of books is always good and come in handy. Good price too!
- essexboy195429 Oct, 2013by
Essential book for growing fruit plants & bushes.
Book in great condition and everything I needed to be able to understand about fruit plants and what to do with them (Growing and care wise). In simple language so you do not get tied up with technical terms. Highly recommended.
- streakadeni25 Sep, 2013by
This book will get you up and running as an amateur fruit gardener.
This is another excellent little book in the "Expert Series" written by Dr D. G. Hessayon. It contains enough detail to enable the amateur gardener to successfully grow fruit without being over faced by reams of technical jargon. It is easy and enjoyable to read and easy to find information within it. Well illustrated with most common varieties described and easy to identify. All of his books are very good and it is a great pity that Dr Hessayon has been displaced in the gardening series by other gardening personalities who are currently popular on TV, in order to boost sales of books.
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.09Trending at £2.24
- £10.97Trending at £15.99
- £5.06Trending at £5.68
- £14.81Trending at £18.55
- £1.98Trending at £2.43
- £5.99Trending at £9.98
- £10.77Trending at £11.39