All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe GVAR is a Global Vector Auto-Regression model of the global economy. Its main feature is to take into account the financial and real linkages connecting the major world economies. This book provides an overview of the GVAR and its applications: forecasting, finance issues, and regional studies.
- Author BiographyFilippo di Mauro is Senior Adviser in the Research Department of the European Central Bank (ECB). He has published in academic journals such as the Journal of Applied Econometrics and Economic Policy. His work focuses on two main areas: Competitiveness assessment via firm level data; and Global linkages and business cycle forecast, including firm level information extraction. He is chairman of CompNet, a competitiveness research network among EU central banks. He has almost 30 years of applied economic experience as economist in Central Banks (ECB, 1998-present, Bank of Italy, 1984-1990, 1996-98) and International Development organizations (Asian Development Bank, 1990-94, IMF, 1986-88, 1994-96). Over the period 1998-2010 he directed international economic analysis in the Department of Economics at the ECB. An economics graduate of University of Rome, he holds an MA and a PhD in Economics, from the University of Chicago and the American University, respectively. M. Hashem Pesaran is Professor of Economics at the University of Cambridge, John Elliott Chair at the University of Southern California, and a Professorial Fellow of Trinity College. Previously he has been the head of the Economic Research Department of the Central Bank of Iran, the Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Iran, Professor of Economics at the University of California at Los Angeles, and a Vice President at the Tudor Investment Corporation. Professor Pesaran is the founding editor of the Journal of Applied Econometrics and has held visiting positions at Harvard University, UCLA, University of Pennsylvania, and the University of Southern California. He has over 189 publications in refereed journals and chapters in books in the various areas of econometrics, empirical finance and macroeconomics, and the Iranian economy. He is a Fellow of the Econometric Society, a Fellow of the British Academy, and the recipient of a number of prizes for best articles.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note48 Figures, 20 Tables
- Weight608 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byFilippo Di Mauro,M. Hashem Pesaran
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.31
- £45.12Trending at £47.49
- £12.16Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.59
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
- £10.00Trending at £11.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.