All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA novel that aims to capture the mood and atmosphere of Italy (and in particular Ferrara) in the last summers of the thirties, focusing on an aristocratic Jewish family moving towards its doom.
- Author BiographyGiorgio Bassani was born in 1916. From 1938 onwards he became involved in various anti-fascist activities for which he was imprisoned in 1943. His works include The Gold-Rimmed Spectacles, and Five Stories of Ferrara (Within the Walls), which won the Strega Prize. The Garden of the Finzi-Continis was awarded the Viareggio Prize in 1962 and was made into a feature film.
- Author(s)Giorgio Bassani
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight213 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byJamie McKendrick
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.44Trending at £4.82
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £4.79Trending at £6.98
- £14.58Trending at £15.30
- £7.65Trending at £10.01
- £14.57Trending at £15.05
- £7.27Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.