All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelops a controversial alternative theory called social selection, which emphasizes cooperation, elucidates the factors that contribute to evolutionary success in a gene pool or animal social system, and demonstrates that to identify Darwinism with selfishness and individuality misrepresents the facts of life as we now know them.
- Author BiographyJoan Roughgarden is Professor of Biology at Stanford University. She is the author of Evolution's Rainbow: Diversity, Gender, and Sexuality in Nature and People (UC Press), Evolution and Christian Faith, and Primer of Ecological Theory.
- Author(s)Joan Roughgarden
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note20 tables
- Weight54 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.72Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.