Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.32
- £40.35Trending at £41.19
- £30.00Trending at £43.08
- £18.73Trending at £19.67
- £30.00Trending at £31.97
- £16.27Trending at £16.46
- £30.19Trending at £33.24
About this product
- DescriptionProvides introduction to urban geography. This book traces development of urban areas from earliest sites of Nineveh, Aleppo, and Agade to modern megalopolises and strip cities, and deals with problems of classification and ranking, location and type, origins, and course of development, and relationship of city to its region and nation.
- Author BiographyArthur E. Smailes (1911-1984) was professor of geography, University of London. He was founder member of the Institute of British Geographers and also served as its secretary. In his career, he was granted a chair at Queen Mary College which later became the first chair of geography and was the recipient of the Research Medal of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byArthur E. Smailes
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.