CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionAlgebraic Geometry often seems very abstract, but in fact it is full of concrete examples and problems. This book offers an account of basic examples and techniques in this area. It illustrates the use of syzygies in many concrete geometric considerations, from interpolation to the study of canonical curves.
- Author BiographyThe author taught at Brandeis University for twenty-seven years, with sabbatical time spent in Paris, Bonn, and Berkeley, and became Director of the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley in the Summer of 1997. At the same time he joined the faculty of UC Berkeley as Professor of Mathematics. In 2003 he became President of the American Mathematical Society. He currently serves on several editorial boards (Annals of Mathematics, Bulletin du Societe Mathematique de France, Springer-Verlag's book series Algorithms and Computation in Mathematics).
- Author(s)David Eisenbud
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.229
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight830 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2005 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.