All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £10.09Trending at £13.78
- £24.53Trending at £29.23
- £48.99Trending at £69.13
- £17.55Trending at £18.10
- £31.41Trending at £33.28
- £23.03Trending at £24.29
- £23.39Trending at £25.24
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a comprehensive, critical examination of cultural diversity in Germanic-speaking societies. It aims to go beyond ethnic, religious and gender stereotypes, seeking to interpret philosophical, aesthetic and literary thinking about diversity in literature and language.
- Author BiographyCAROL AISHA BLACKSHIRE-BELAY is Director of the International Afro-German Network and teaches Germanic Linguistics and Cultural Studies at Ohio State University. Widely recognized as one of the leading experts on minorities in contemporary German society, her publications have appeared in the Journal of Black Studies, University of Pennsylvania Review of Linguistics, OSU Foreign Language Publications, and ERIC Resources in Education. Included among her books are The Image of Africa in German Society, Language Contact: Verb Morphology in German of Foreign Workers, and Foreign Workers' German: A Concise Glossary of Verbal Phrases. Her current research deals with multiculturalism in German-speaking societies, and the impact of German colonialism on non-European societies.
- Author(s)Carol A. Blackshire-Belay
- Date of Publication07/12/1993
- Series TitleContributions in Ethnic Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 33.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.