Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe three short fictions in this unique collection, Sarrasine, The Unknown Masterpiece, and The Girl with the Golden Eyes, deal with the relationship between artistic ideals and sexual desires. They show Balzac's mastery of the seductions of storytelling, and are among the 19th century's richest explorations of life and art.
- Author BiographyPeter Collier has previously translated Zola's Germinal for Oxford World's Classics. Patrick Coleman's books include editions of Rousseau's Confessions and Discourses on Inequality and Constant's Adolphe for Oxford World's Classics, and Anger, Gratitude, and the Enlightenment Writer (Oxford, 2011). He has recently edited Helen Constantine's translation of Balzac's The Wild Ass's Skin (forthcoming in Oxford World's Classics, June 2012).
- Author(s)Honore de Balzac
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight146 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byPeter Collier
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £38.30Trending at £52.00
- £4.65Trending at £4.89
- £4.94Trending at £7.63
- £4.58Trending at £4.98
- £4.90Trending at £6.81
- £4.69Trending at £6.84
- £3.99Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.