All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEducation has undergone a profound transformation and financial restructuring. This collection of essays by a range of international experts addresses the root causes of this massive change, analyzing the growth of finance capitalism and financialization, as well as the financialization of education and its consequences.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Peters is Professor of Education at Waikato University, New Zealand, and Emeritus Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is Executive Editor of Educational Philosophy and Theory, Policy Futures in Education, E-Learning & Digital Media, and Knowledge Cultures, and is a Hon. Fellow of the Royal Society (New Zealand). His most recent books include Obama and the End of the American Dream (2012) and Education, Philosophy and Politics: Selected Works (2012). Joao M. Paraskeva is Full Professor at the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, where he is founder and Chair of the Department of Educational Leadership and Program Director of the EdD/PhD in Educational Leadership and Policy. He was recently appointed Director for the Center for Portuguese Studies and Culture at UMass Dartmouth. His latest books are Transformative Educators and Researchers for Democracy - Dartmouth Dialogues (co-edited with Thad Lavallee, 2015) and Conflicts in Curriculum Theories: Challenging Hegemonic Epistemologies (2011/2015). Tina Besley is Professor of Education and Director of the Centre for Global Studies in Education at Waikato University, New Zealand, and Adjunct Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Tina has published widely in different areas of research. Her latest book with Michael Peters is Paulo Freire: The Global Legacy (Peter Lang, 2015). In 2015 she was honored for her contribution to the Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia by being elected as a Fellow.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGlobal Studies in Education
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight480 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJoao M. Paraskeva,Michael A. Peters,Tina Besley
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.72Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.