CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.93Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
About this product
- DescriptionAn overview of the global problem of gun violence. Just as guns know no borders, gun violence has become a global epidemic, killing many people each year and injuring many more. Virtually every illegal gun begins as a legal gun. This book documents the global gun trade, its threat to public health, and efforts to remedy the situation.
- Author BiographyWendy Cukier is Professor of Justice Studies and Information Technology Management at Ryerson University in Toronto. She is a cofounder of Canada's Coalition for Gun Control, a founding member of the International Action Network on Small Arms, and coordinates the Small Arms Firearms Education and Research Network. In 2000 she was awarded the Governor General's Meritorious Service award, one of Canada's highest honors. Victor W. Sidel is Distinguished University Professor of Social Medicine at the Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, and Adjunct Professor of Public Health at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. He is a former president of the American Public Health Association, and a cofounder and past president of Physicians for Social Responsibility and International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (which won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1985).
- Author(s)Victor W. Sidel,Wendy Cukier
- Date of Publication30/12/2005
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitlePraeger Security International
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight642 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.