CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.46
- £22.98Trending at £23.16
- £23.72Trending at £25.97
- £42.67Trending at £47.27
- £20.65Trending at £21.48
- £36.74Trending at £40.30
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
About this product
- DescriptionBy participating in the everyday life of fitness professionals, gym-goers and bodybuilders, The Global Gym explores fitness centres as sites of learning. The authors consider how physical, psychological and cultural knowledge about health and the body is incorporated into people's identity in a local and global gym and fitness context.
- Author BiographyJesper Andreasson is a Senior Lecturer in Sport Science at Linnaeus University, Sweden. Thomas Johansson is Professor of Education at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. His publications include The Transformation of Sexuality (2007) and Young Migrants (2012) co-authored with K. Fangen and N. Hammaren.
- Author(s)Jesper Andreasson,Thomas Johansson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/07/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleGlobal Culture and Sport Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteVII, 198 p.
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.