All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBackpackers have shifted from the margins of the travel industry into the spotlight. This book explores the international backpacker phenomenon and includes different disciplinary perspectives on its meaning, impact and significance. Links are made between theory and practice, setting backpacking in its wider social, cultural and economic context.
- Author BiographyGreg Richards is lecturer in leisure studies at Tilburg University in the Netherlands, and currently a research fellow at the Interarts Observatory for Culture and Tourism in Barcelona. Julie Wilson is Research Fellow with the Centre for Environment and Planning, University of the West of England, Bristol (UK) although currently a Batista i Roca Fellow with the Department of Geography, Universitat Rovira i Virgil, Tarragona and Visiting Fellow, Universitat de Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain).
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2004
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight420 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byGreg Richards,Julie Wilson
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £40.97Trending at £44.84
- £12.27Trending at £15.18
- £8.24Trending at £10.03
- £16.20Trending at £18.98
- £56.77Trending at £61.99
- £38.54Trending at £47.04
- £28.85Trending at £40.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.