Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £36.68+ £14.29 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by generalities
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrating how the news agencies have contributed both to the process of globalization and, simultaneously, to the process of national construction, this book provides an important critical survey of the contemporary international news business.
- Author BiographyDr. Oliver Boyd-Barrett joined Bowling Green State University's School of Communication Studies as Director in 2005, a position he held for three years before deciding to return to faculty in the Department of Journalism. His current research interests include international and national news agencies, news media and the war on terror, and Hollywood representations of the intelligence community. He was previously Professor of Communication at California State Polytechnic University in Pomona, California, and has held various appointments at universities in the United Kingdom. Dr. Boyd-Barrett has published extensively on educational and management communications, international news media, and the political economy of mass communication. He is founding chair of the division for Global Communication and Social Change in the International Communication Association. Terhi Rantanen (MSc, LicSc, DocSc, Docent, Helsinki University) is Professor in Global Media and Communications. Her books include When News Was New (Wiley-Blackwell, 2009) The Media and Globalization (Sage, 2005), The Global and the National. Media and Communications in Post-Communist Russia (Rowman & Littlefield: 2002), The Globalization of News (with O. Boyd-Barrett, Sage: 1998), 'Maailman ihmeellisin asia'. Johdatus viestinnan oppihistoriaan ('Of All Affairs, Communication is the Most Wonderful.' An Introduction to the History of Communication Research) in collaboration with M. Ampuja, The Finnish Open University: 1997), Foreign News in Imperial Russia: The Relationship between International and Russian News Agencies, 1856-1914 (Federation of Finnish Scientific Societies: 1990) and 'STT:n uutisia' sadan vuoden varrelta' ('News from the Finnish News Agency, STT: One Hundred Years') (Weilin & Goos: 1987).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/1998
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byOliver Boyd-Barrett,Terhi Rantanen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.38Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £3.98
- £8.79Trending at £10.34
- £6.35Trending at £7.95
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.