All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £16.44Trending at £16.98
- £11.70Trending at £13.93
- £7.49Trending at £12.94
- £11.27Trending at £12.05
- £20.22Trending at £24.85
- £9.30Trending at £12.90
- £7.40Trending at £10.04
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the antelope that dominates the savanna ecosystems of eastern and southern Africa. This book presents a synthesis of research conducted over a span of fifty years, mainly on the wildebeest in the Ngorongoro and Serengeti ecosystems, where eighty percent of the world's wildebeest population lives.
- Author BiographyRichard D. Estes is a behavioral ecologist and chairman emeritus of the Antelope Specialist Group of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). He is a research associate of the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and an associate of the Harvard Museum of Natural History. His books include the successful Behavior Guide to African Mammals (UC Press) and The Safari Companion. Estes chose the Serengeti white-bearded wildebeest as the subject of his doctoral dissertation while living in Ngorongoro Crater from 1963--1965. He continues to study antelope and associated mammals in the Ngorongoro and Serengeti ecosystems and is considered the world's authority on wildebeest behavior.
- Author(s)Richard D. Estes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2014
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.