All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the antelope that dominates the savanna ecosystems of eastern and southern Africa. This book presents a synthesis of research conducted over a span of fifty years, mainly on the wildebeest in the Ngorongoro and Serengeti ecosystems, where eighty percent of the world's wildebeest population lives.
- Author BiographyRichard D. Estes is a behavioral ecologist and chairman emeritus of the Antelope Specialist Group of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). He is a research associate of the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and an associate of the Harvard Museum of Natural History. His books include the successful Behavior Guide to African Mammals (UC Press) and The Safari Companion. Estes chose the Serengeti white-bearded wildebeest as the subject of his doctoral dissertation while living in Ngorongoro Crater from 1963--1965. He continues to study antelope and associated mammals in the Ngorongoro and Serengeti ecosystems and is considered the world's authority on wildebeest behavior.
- Author(s)Richard D. Estes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2014
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.