All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most popular television shows of the 1980s, THE GOLDEN GIRLS was created by television writer Susan Harris (SOAP). The show centered on four elderly single women living in the same house together, all played by sitcom veterans: sensible Dorothy (Bea Arthur), sweet but stupid Rose (Betty White), lusty Blanche (Rue McClanahan), and Dorothy's outspoken mother Sophia (Estelle Getty). The program was nominated for many Emmy and Golden Globe awards, and was consistently in Nielsen's top 10 for its entire run, garnering both critical acclaim and public popularity. It also proved daring for its time, tackling sensitive political issues and for the mere fact it was a prime time show whose characters were much older than television's most desired demographic. This collection includes all hilarious episodes in the third season, which many fans argue was the best of the show's entire run. Episodes include: 'Old Friends', 'One For The Money', 'A Visit From Little Sven', 'Three On A Couch', 'The Artist', 'Grab That Dough' and 'Mother's Day'. 25 episodes.
- Leading Role 1Beatrice Arthur
- Leading Role 2Betty White
- Leading Role 3Rue McClanahan
- Additional Roles byEstelle Getty
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,German,Italian,Norwegian,Spanish,Swedish
- Running Time615 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- iancairncross30 Dec, 2009by
ideal xmas present for someone who loves the golden girls. ideal xmas present for someone who loves the golden girls. ideal xmas present for someone who loves the golden girls.
- nostalgic_nicho...28 Jan, 2009by
Best sit-com in the world!
I could watch this show every single day. In fact I have done! It's just so full of laughs, and it is just so witty. It is definitely my fave TV show in the world. I can not fault it [despite it's lack of continuity], but hey! Who cares? This is one show that is not to be missed. I dare you to watch this and not roll on the floor laughing! Okay!.... maybe that's too much! I dare you to watch this and not switch it off even if Eastenders or Coronation Street is due to come on. And for those of you who don't watch those shows,... erm,.. Big Brother! Golden Girls is an unmatchable show in the sit-com stakes. They don't make them like this anymore. I have all 7 series DVD. I advise to buy all 7 series too. You won't regret it,... unless you only use a VCR.
- 141401695@delet...30 Mar, 2008by
1 of the must see
It was great to see this in dvd format. I bought as a present but ended up watching it myself.Im watching for other old comedy programmes and films that have been put on dvd format.
- tedyorkie14 Feb, 2008by
The magical Golden Girls
I have loved watching the Golden Girls for years and have needed to remember to record them on living TV every Sat and Sun. Now I have my own DVD and it is great. I would like to buy other episodes but for now this one complete series will do.
- katiekins197903 Nov, 2006by
I loved this DVD, as well as all their others. It always manages to cheer me up and give me the giggles and has some classic episodes on.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £3.78Trending at £4.46
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £26.49Trending at £47.50
- £2.80Trending at £3.80
- £6.95Trending at £8.85
- £9.50Trending at £12.99
- £5.99Trending at £6.16