All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first novel Patrick O'Brian ever wrote about the sea -- and the precursor to the famous Aubrey/Maturin series -- is now available in paperback for the first time in forty years.
- Author BiographyPatrick O'Brian, until his death in 2000, was one of our greatest contemporary novelists. He is the author of the acclaimed Aubrey--Maturin tales and the biographer of Joseph Banks and Picasso. He is the author of many other books including Testimonies, and his Collected Short Stories. In 1995 he was the first recipient of the Heywood Hill Prize for a lifetime's contribution to literature. In the same year he was awarded the CBE. In 1997 he received an honorary doctorate of letters from Trinity College, Dublin. He lived for many years in South West France and he died in Dublin in January 2000.
- Author(s)Patrick O'Brian
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication20/04/1998
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/08/2011
- Content Notemap
- Weight203 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £4.71Trending at £4.83
- £2.81Trending at £2.84
- £4.59Trending at £4.81
- £34.99Trending at £38.89
- £4.44Trending at £4.74
- £4.70Trending at £4.81
- £4.44Trending at £4.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.