Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis year's THE RED TENT; a sweeping Chinese rags-to-riches saga set in the reign of the last emperor - an Oprah Book Club choice.
- Author BiographyPearl Comfort Sydenstricker was born in 1892 in West Virginia. Her parents were Southern Presbyterian missionaries, most often stationed in China, and from childhood, Pearl spoke both English and Chinese. She returned to China in 1914, and married John Lossing Buck. They immediately moved to Nanhsuchou in rural Anhwei province. In 1931, John Day published Pearl's second novel, The Good Earth. This was the bestselling book of both 1931 and 1932, and won the Pulitzer Prize. In 1938 Pearl won the Nobel Prize in literature, the first American woman to do so. By the time of her death in 1973, Pearl had published more than seventy books: novels, collections of stories, biography and autobiography, poetry, drama, children's literature, and translations from the Chinese.
- Author(s)Pearl S. Buck
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Most relevant reviews
- margaretcharles...31 May, 2017by
A great book
First in trilogy a brilliant read second part Sons also good
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £11.48Trending at £14.98
- £3.99Trending at £7.98
- £7.75Trending at £8.99
- £6.10Trending at £8.00
- £4.49Trending at £7.01
- £10.20Trending at £19.99
- £5.95Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.