All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEleven remastered episodes of the legendary series - plus bonus material. Immensely popular and hugely influential, the groundbreaking series The Goon Show changed the face of British comedy. Now, for the first time, this box set collection presents the episodes in chronological order as they were scheduled to be broadcast.
- Author BiographySpike Milligan was perhaps best known as one of the Goons. He went on to become one of Britain's foremost comic writers and performers. His bestselling titles include Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall, Puckoon and Where have all the Bullets Gone? He died in 2002. Larry Stephens was a scriptwriter who wrote for several popular comedy shows in the 1950s, including The Tony Hancock Show and The Army Game. He is probably best known as co-writer of many Goon Show episodes, along with Spike Milligan. He died in 1959. Maurice Wiltshire was a screenwriter and script editor who wrote for many television programmes including The Army Game and HMS Paradise. He co-wrote several episodes of The Goon Show, as well as adapting 26 of the radio scripts for two series of a 15-minute television puppet show called The Telegoons. John Antrobus is a playwright and scriptwriter whose screen credits include The Frankie Howerd Show, Idle on Parade and That Was The Week That Was. With Spike Milligan, he co-wrote two Goon Show episodes - The Spon Plague and The Great Statue Debate - as well as a play, The Bed Sitting Room. He lives in Monaco.
- Author(s)Spike Milligan
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- GenreHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight411 g
- Width127 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Read bySpike Milligan,Harry Secombe,Peter Sellers
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time430
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Puzzles, Trivia & Indoor Games
Save on Puzzles, Trivia & Indoor Games
- £8.66Trending at £11.95
- £7.69Trending at £7.98
- £13.25Trending at £18.99
- £10.22Trending at £15.01
- £13.93Trending at £19.08
- £5.58Trending at £5.87
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.