Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £109.94
- £97.58Trending at £125.35
- £12.46Trending at £13.50
- £6.99Trending at £9.03
- £4.95Trending at £7.99
- £25.18Trending at £31.48
- £8.73Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionThese two volumes are the magnum opus of biblical scholar Dennis R. MacDonald, outlining the profound connections between the New Testament and classical Greek poetry. MacDonald argues that the Gospel writers borrowed from established literary sources to create stories about Jesus that readers of the day would find convincing.
- Author BiographyDennis MacDonald is John Wesley Professor of New Testament and Christian Origins at the Claremont School of Theology. He previously served as the director of the Claremont Graduate University Institute for Antiquity and Christianity. He is the author or editor of numerous books and articles, including The Homeric Epics and the Gospel of Mark and Does the New Testament Imitate Homer: Four Cases from the Acts of the Apostles.
- Author(s)Dennis R. MacDonald
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/11/2014
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe New Testament and Greek Literature
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note1 Maps; 4 Halftones, black and white; 2 Illustrations, black and white
- Weight703 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.