All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
General & Literary Fiction Books
About this product
- DescriptionSteinbeck's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel concerning the plight of the Okies - the refugee farmers and sharecroppers fleeing the dustbowl of Oklahoma. Attracted by the golden promise of California, they meet only with abject hostility, shame and destitution.
- PrizesWinner of Pulitzer Prize Novel Category 1940.
- Author(s)John Steinbeck
- Date of Publication24/04/1995
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMandarin classic
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date07/08/2000
- Weight296 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Foreword byElaine Steinbeck
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- ray_romulun03 Jan, 2016by
A really interesting and thought provoking read.
The Grapes of Wrath is an amazing book about a family of American tenant farmers, who are forced off of their land by the owner (a bank / corporation) in the great depression, and the way they were treated when they, are subsequently compelled to travel all the way across America in a desperate search for work. This is a really powerful (if controversial) story that I have no hesitation in recommending. Reading this novel and considering the appalling way these people were treated has made me reconsider my stance on the current (2015) EU Migration crises. In my opinion this is an excellent proletarian novel, second only to the British Novel “The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists” by Robert Tressell.
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.55Trending at £7.98