Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on their own clinical and lived experiences of the autism spectrum, the authors of this guide provide readers who are on the autism spectrum and have a mental illness with strategies to overcome difficulties and achieve greater wellbeing. Amongst others, the book covers topics such as medication, stigma, therapy pets and psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyJeanette Purkis has a lived experience of autism and mental illness and is also the author of two books looking at aspects of autism. She holds a Master's degree in Fine Arts from RMIT University and works full-time in the Australian Public Service. Jeanette lives in Canberra, Australia. Dr Emma Goodall has Asperger's syndrome and has had professional experience of mental health services. She has a PhD in the area of education and the autism spectrum and is the author of a text book for teaching AS children. Emma is a Senior Autism Advisor in South Australia and an executive committee member of the Australian Society for Autism Research (ASfAR), as well as an executive committee member for the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network (ASAN) of Australia and New Zealand. She lives in Adelaide, South Australia, with her partner. Dr Jane Nugent is a Psychiatric Career Medical Officer with General Practitioner training. She has a special interest in mental health and a passion for psychopharmacology. She has a talent for taking highly technical information and making it accessible to non-specialists. Jane has been involved in pharmacology teaching for a variety of New Zealand and Australian institutions since 1997.
- Author(s)Emma Goodall,Jane Nugent,Jeanette Purkis
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note5 diagrams in the text
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byWenn B. Lawson,Kirsty Dempster-Rivett
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £44.83Trending at £49.63
- £42.58Trending at £45.99
- £8.99Trending at £12.02
- £9.98Trending at £13.77
- £9.45Trending at £9.89
- £10.82Trending at £15.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.