All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fully updated and revised edition of this bestselling guide to British Archaeology.
- Author BiographyRoy and Lesley Adkins, and Victoria Leitch (Author) Roy and Lesley Adkins began their working career as field archaeologists at the new city of Milton Keynes in the mid-seventies. Their work then took them to south London before they set up an archaeological consultancy in the West Country. They first published The Handbook of British Archaeology as postgraduates in 1982 and have published many archaeology and history titles since. They are also the authors of bestselling general titles, the most recent of which are The War for All the Oceans, Trafalgar: The Biography of a Battle and Jack Tar: Life in Nelson's Navy. Victoria Leitch gained a degree in History at the University of London and then spent several years working as an illustrated-book editor. She subsequently returned to academia and completed an MPhil in Anglo-Saxon and Romano-British Archaeology at Oxford University, where she is now studying for a doctorate, specializing in Roman North African ceramics. She has taken part in many excavations and has studied the pottery on a number of important sites, including Benghazi and Jarma in Libya, Lamta in Tunisia, and Pompeii, Cuma and Metaponto in Italy. Roy & Lesley Adkins (Author) Roy and Lesley Adkins are husband-and-wife historians and archaeologists. They live in Devon and are Fellows of the Society of Antiquaries of London, Fellows of the Royal Historical Society and Members of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists. They are bestselling authors of books on history and archaeology, including Jack Tar, Trafalgar and The Keys of Egypt, which have been translated so far into seventeen languages. Eavesdropping on Jane Austen's England is their latest book and available now in paperback. Their website is www.adkinshistory.com and their blog is http://blog.adkinshistory.com/. Roy and Lesley are available for interviews and talks.
- Author(s)Lesley Adkins,Roy A. Adkins,Victoria Leitch
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication25/09/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteLine drawings throughout
- Weight632 g
- Width235 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £8.27Trending at £10.97
- £15.01Trending at £16.97
- £13.77Trending at £19.47
- £19.14Trending at £30.61
- £31.44Trending at £50.84
- £11.27Trending at £18.08
- £16.47Trending at £25.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.