All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.13Trending at £9.68
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
- £8.30Trending at £8.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Chinese Linguistics presents critical overviews of a wide range of major topics in Chinese linguistics, and is the first book to introduce Chinese linguistics from the perspective of modern theoretical and formal linguistics.
- Author BiographyC.-T. James Huang is Professor of Linguistics at Harvard University. His research interests lie in natural language syntax, the relationship between syntax and semantics, and parametric syntax with special focus on Chinese and other East Asian languages. He has published articles in a range of journals, including Linguistic Inquiry, Language, and Natural Language, and is the author of Between Syntax and Semantics (2009), The Syntax of Chinese (with Audrey Li and Yafei Li, 2009), and founding co-editor of Journal of East Asian Linguistics. Y.-H. Audrey Li is Professor of Linguistics and East Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of Southern California. She has authored and edited several books, including Essays on the Representational and Derivational Nature of Grammar (with Joseph Aoun, 2003), Functional Structure(s), Form and Interpretation (edited with Andrew Simpson, 2003), and The Syntax of Chinese (with James Huang and Yafei Li, 2009). She has also published in a number of linguistic journals including the Journal of East Asian Linguistics, Language and Linguistic Inquiry. Andrew Simpson is Professor of Linguistics and East Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of Southern California. He is the author of Wh-Movement and the Theory of Feature Checking (2000), and editor of Language and National Identity in Asia (2007), and Language and National Identity in Africa (2008). He has published articles in a number of Linguistic journals, including Linguistic Inquiry, Language, Lingua, and The Journal of East Asian Linguistics. He is also joint general editor of The Journal of East Asian Linguistics.
- Author(s)Andrew Simpson,C. T. James Huang,Y. H. Audrey Li
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2014
- Language(s)Chinese & English
- Series TitleBlackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1312 g
- Width179 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.