All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.28
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £8.99Trending at £9.24
- £5.52Trending at £6.63
About this product
- DescriptionPresents basic definitions, ethical considerations, risk factors and mechanisms, and counselling and rehabilitation principles for sport neuropsychology. These considerations integrate research findings from professional and amateur sports and concomitant effects of mild and traumatic head injury.
- Author BiographyFrank M. Webbe, PhD, earned his doctorate in psychology at the University of Florida in 1974. He spent three years at the University of Mississippi as a postdoctoral fellow in behavioral pharmacology before joining the faculty of Florida Institute of Technology in 1978. He chaired the psychology undergraduate program for five years and was dean of the School of Psychology for eight years. He is currently a professor of psychology. He was a founder of the East Central Florida Memory Disorder Clinic in 1991 and continues as research director. He directs Florida Tech's Concussion Management Program and also serves as a resource for local area high schools. The Alzheimer's Association, the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality, and the State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs have funded his research in the area of Alzheimer's disease. The Department of Defense, Florida Institute of Technology, and Psi Chi have funded his research in concussion in sport. Dr. Webbe is a past president of the Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology of the American Psychological Association and the national group, Running Psychologists. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association and the National Academy of Neuropsychology. He is a member of the International Society to Advance Alzheimer Research and Treatment, and serves as treasurer of its Technology Public Interest Area. He serves as member of the State of Florida's Alzheimer's Disease Advisory Committee. He serves as Florida Tech's Faculty Athletics Representative to the NCAA, and is on the executive board of the national Faculty Athletics Representatives Association.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2010
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFrank Webbe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.