All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElditha Swanneck, King Harold's handfasted wife, loses everything as she flees from an arranged marriage after the Battle of Hastings to fight for her children's survival.
- Author BiographyCarol McGrath taught History and English for many years in secondary schools and the private sector. She left teaching to work on a MA in Creative Writing at Queens University Belfast and went on to enrol for an MPhil at Royal Holloway, London. There she developed expertise in the middle ages. The idea to tell the story about the death of King Harold told from the viewpoint of his common law wife, Edith Swanneck, first came to her on a visit to Bayeux with the Launton/Gavray Twinning Society, which she chaired. She is married with two children and runs a business with her husband. She also reviews books for the Historical Novels Review.
- Author(s)Carol McGrath
- PublisherAccent Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Daughters of Hastings Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationPembroke Dock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAccent Press Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.72Trending at £5.40
- £9.00Trending at £11.66
- £4.55Trending at £5.60
- £7.65Trending at £10.01
- £6.32Trending at £7.00
- £5.74Trending at £9.01
- £11.99Trending at £17.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.