All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the aspects of the culture of the Celts was their use of plant medicine, and central to this was the use of herbs. This book traces that history where these herbs are used clinically to treat a range of conditions. It covers the herbs, covering its history, myth and symbolism and explaining how to grow, preserve, prepare and use them.
- Author BiographyAngela Paine has a BSc in Human Physiology and PhD from the School of Pharmacy, London University, in medicinal plant chemistry. She has been on research trips to Africa and South America to collect plant material used as medicine, and collaborated with scientists around the world, publishing internationally in scientific journals. Immersed in the Celtic tradition, living in the Welsh Borders, she runs workshops on Celtic Medicinal Plants.
- Author(s)Angela Paine
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- GenreAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content Noteb/w line drawings
- Weight467 g
- Width151 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.