All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Healing Virtues explores the intersection of psychotherapy and virtue ethics - with an emphasis on the patient's role within a healing process. It considers how the common ground between the therapeutic process and the cultivation of virtues can inform the efforts of both therapist and patient.
- Author BiographyDuff R. Waring (B.A., M.A., LL.B., Ph.D.) is a philosopher/lawyer who specialized in mental health law and psychiatric patient advocacy. He teaches currently in the Philosophy Department at York University where he specializes in ethics, bioethics, and philosophy of psychiatry. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada and the author of Medical Benefit and the Human Lottery: An Egalitarian Approach to Patient Selection (Dordrecht, The Netherlands and New York: Springer, 2004).
- Author(s)Duff R. Waring
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Perspectives in Philosophy & Psychiatry
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight366 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
- £9.74Trending at £10.10
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.