All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Berryman was perhaps the most idiosyncratic American poet of the twentieth century. The Heart Is Strange, a new selection of his poems, along with reissues of Berryman's Sonnets, 77 Dream Songs, and the complete Dream Songs, marked the centenary of his birth. This book includes a generous selection from across Berryman's varied career.
- Author BiographyJohn Berryman (1914-1972) was an American poet and scholar. He won the Pulitzer Prize for 77 Dream Songs in 1965 and the National Book Award and the Bollingen Prize for His Toy, His Dream, His Rest, a continuation of the Dream Songs, in 1969. Daniel Swift is the author of Bomber County: The Poetry of a Lost Pilot's War and Shakespeare's Common Prayers. He teaches at the New College of the Humanities in London.
- Author(s)John Berryman
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication11/04/2016
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Weight227 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.