All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis study of ethnicity, identity, and nation-building has a new introduction that shows the continuing validity of the book's approach to ethnography, ecology, culture and politics. The authors investigated two Alpine villages only a mile apart in the same mountain valley.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Cole is Professor of Anthropology at the University of Massachusetts, President of the Northeastern Anthropology Association, and author or editor of four books in addition to The Hidden Frontier. Eric R. Wolf's many books include the influential Europe and the People Without History (California, 1982) and Envisioning Power: Ideologies of Dominance and Crisis (California, 1998).
- Author(s)Eric Robert Wolf,John W. Cole
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/11/1999
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note20 black-and-white photos, 12 line illustrations, 27 tables, 9 maps
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst Edition, with a New Intr ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.