The Hills is Lonely: Tales from the Hebrides by Lillian Beckwith (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £6.86Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- Est. delivery by 20 Dec
- £2.67+ £2.98 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by theairambulanceservice_media
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLillian Beckwith's classic tales of crofting life.
- Author BiographyLillian Comber (1916-2004) wrote fiction and non-fiction for both adults and children under the pseudonym Lillian Beckwith. She is best known for her series of comic novels based on her time living on a croft in the Scottish Hebrides. Beckwith was born in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, in 1916, where her father ran a grocery shop. The shop provided the background for her memoir About My Father's Business, a child's eye view of a 1920s family. She moved to the Isle of Skye with her husband in 1942, and began writing fiction after moving to the Isle of Man with her family twenty years later. She also completed a cookery book, Lilllian Beckwith's Hebridean Kitchen.
- Author(s)Lillian Beckwith
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleLillian Beckwith's Hebridean Tales
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight210 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £8.99Trending at £10.52
- £11.15Trending at £12.02
- £5.00Trending at £5.98
- £7.03Trending at £8.01
- £5.10Trending at £5.43
- £9.96Trending at £10.49
- £9.00Trending at £11.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.