All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolybius' account of Rome's rise to world power and her method of rule is a major source for the history of the years 220-146 BC. This new translation includes Books 1-5 in their entirety and all of the fragmentary Books 6 and 12 on the Roman constitution and historiography. It is accompanied by an illuminating introduction and notes.
- Author BiographyRobin Waterfield is an author and translator. His many acclaimed translations for OWC include Plato's Republic and five other Plato translations, Plutarch, Herodotus, Aristotle, Xenophon and Euripides. Brian McGing has written articles on the Hellenistic period and recently completed a book on Polybius.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2010
- Language(s)English, English
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight384 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byRobin Waterfield
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £11.16Trending at £14.99
- £14.49Trending at £19.95
- £19.58Trending at £24.99
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
- £19.44Trending at £30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.