Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.91
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £5.96Trending at £6.28
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.60
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn the novel, a London haberdasher relates extraordinary tales of ancient Japan as dictated to him by an omniscient atom that has lived within the bodies of great figures of state. This edition is the first to appear since 1926 and provides a carefully prepared text, historical annotations, and an accurate key to personages and places.
- Author BiographyNovelist, playwright, journalist, historian, travel writer, critic, translator, editor, and compiler, Tobias Smollett (1721-1771) was an eighteenth-century man of letters in the fullest sense of the phrase. Though his writings have been variously gathered together over the last two centuries, no definitive scholarly edition of Smollett's works has ever been published. The Georgia edition, though not a complete collection, includes all of those writings by which Smollett was best known in his own time and by which he is best remembered in ours. Prepared by a distinguished group of scholars, the edition conforms to the highest standards of excellence in historical and textual scholarship. Each volume provides an authoritative text, a substantial historical and critical introduction, and extensive explanatory notes.
- Author(s)Tobias Smollett
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Works of Tobias Smollett Series
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note56 b&w illus.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byO. M. Brack,Robert Adams Day
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.