All listings for this product
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.01
- £32.33Trending at £34.18
- £13.79Trending at £20.02
- £6.40Trending at £7.49
- £13.99Trending at £20.98
- £9.70Trending at £10.24
- £20.62Trending at £29.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of emotions is one of the fastest growing fields in current historical debate, and this is the first book-length introduction to the field, synthesizing the current research, and offering direction for future study, moving beyond the traditional debate between social constructivist and universalist theories of emotion.
- Author BiographyJan Plamper obtained a BA from Brandeis University and a PhD from the University of California, Berkeley, after which he taught at the University of Tubingen and from 2008 to 2012 was a Dilthey Fellow at the Center for the History of Emotions, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, in Berlin. He is co-editor, with Benjamin Lazier, of Fear: Across the Disciplines (2012); and co-editor, with Marc Elie and Schamma Schahadat, of Rossiiskaia imperiia chuvstv: Podkhody k kul'turnoi istorii emotsii [In the Realm of Russian Feelings: Approaches to the Cultural History of Emotions] (2010). He has also recently authored The Stalin Cult: A Study in the Alchemy of Power (2012).
- Author(s)Jan Plamper
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2017
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEmotions in History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2017
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note38 black and white illustrations
- Weight574 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.