All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.06Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.91Trending at £8.24
- £9.50Trending at £10.71
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £19.20Trending at £29.99
- £6.56Trending at £10.01
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in English between 1885 and 1891, this book provides a critical presentation of Jewish history, institutions, and literature from 175 B.C. to A.D. 135. It has rendered invaluable services to scholars for nearly a century. This edition offers a fresh translation and a revision of the entire subject-matter.
- Author BiographyEmil Schurer (1844 - 1910) was a German Protestant theologian. He lectured at Leipzig, Giessen, Kiel, and Gottingen and founded and edited the journal Theologische Literaturzeitung. He devoted most of his scholarly life to the creation of his magisterial work on the Jewish People in the Age of Jesus Christ. Geza Vermes, F.B.A., was Professor Emeritus of Jewish Studies and Emeritus Fellow of Wolfson College, University of Oxford, and Director of the Forum of Qumran Research at the Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies, UK. Fergus Millar, F.B.A., is Emeritus Camden Professor of Ancient History in the Faculty of Oriental Studies at the University of Oxford, UK. Martin D. Goodman is Professor of Jewish Studies and Fellow of Wolfson College at the University of Oxford, UK. Pamela Vermes was former Literary Editor of the Journal of Jewish Studies, Oxford, UK.
- Author(s)Emil Schurer,Fergus Millar,Geza Vermes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/09/2013
- Weight926 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.