All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining 22 full colour illustrations depicting key scenes from this all-time classic, this volume also includes a wealth of integrated pencil drawings which demonstrate perfectly Alan's genius at work.
- Author BiographyJ.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973) was a distinguished academic, though he is best known for writing The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion, plus other stories and essays. His books have been translated into over 30 languages and have sold many millions of copies world wide. Alan Lee is the creator of the highly successful illustrated edition of The Lord of the Rings, and winner of the 1994 Kate Greenaway Medal for Children's Book Illustration. He is currently working as a production designer on New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and The BBC Big Read Top 21 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)J. R. R. Tolkien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/04/2000
- GenreScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date30/03/2007
- Content Note38 b/w illus, 22 col plates
- Weight965 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alan Lee
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fantasy
Save on Fantasy
- £4.48Trending at £4.77
- £5.95Trending at £6.05
- £17.45Trending at £18.86
- £8.30Trending at £9.50
- £10.34Trending at £10.45
- £11.02Trending at £13.64
- £11.99Trending at £12.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.