All listings for this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.69Trending at £5.06
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
- £5.75Trending at £6.07
- £15.96Trending at £16.99
- £16.32Trending at £17.00
- £6.95Trending at £8.12
- £17.69Trending at £20.31
About this product
- DescriptionIris (Kate Winslet) is a British journalist caught in a cycle of unrequited love with her co-worker, Jasper (Rufus Sewell). Jasper does his best to lead her on, and when he announces his engagement to another woman in the office, Iris is crushed. Meanwhile, across the pond, Amanda (Cameron Diaz) is a highly-strung film trailer editor who has just ended her relationship with Ethan (Edward Burns) after he accuses her of being emotionally unavailable. And, oh yes, he has sort of been sleeping with his receptionist. Broken-hearted, Amanda and Iris make contact through a holiday website and agree to swap homes for two weeks to escape their disastrous personal lives. Iris takes off for Amanda's lavish L.A. pad, while Amanda arrives at Iris' picturesque cottage right outside London. When Iris' brother Graham (Jude Law) knocks at the door one night looking for his sister, he instead encounters Amanda, and sparks soon fly--despite the fact that they both know she won't be in town for long. Iris, for her part, is busy mending her heart in sunny California, befriending Amanda's elderly neighbour, and making the acquaintance of film composer Miles (Jack Black.) But her healing is abruptly interrupted when Jasper suddenly appears on her doorstep, having flown halfway round the world to make sure he still has her under his spell. An ocean apart, Iris and Amanda find themselves at the crux of all rom-com crises: how to follow your heart, while still being true to yourself. Fans of the genre will no doubt find Winslet's thespian charms, Law's dimples, and the high-fashion wardrobes quite enough to give them their chick-flick fix.
- Leading Role 1Jack Black
- Director 1Nancy Meyers
- Leading Role 2Cameron Diaz
- Leading Role 3Jude Law
- Additional Roles byEli Wallach,Kate Winslet,Rufus Sewell,Edward Burns
- Score ComposerHans Zimmer
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2007
- Additional GenreRomantic
- Running Time130 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- kerrymollyarchi...07 Sep, 2011by
Wonderful dvd, ideal for a girls night in, Jude is awesome!
Wonderful chick flick, a must have for any woman! Judd Law is amazing, every girls dream, handsome and sensative.
- rosesand012909 Jul, 2009by
Recommended for a relaxing evening in!
I decided to buy this film because some scenes were filmed near where I live in Surrey. I found it an entertaining romantic comedy with some nice photography. Maybe a bit slow in places, but I would recommend it as a a nice film to curl up with a bottle of wine and watch when you need a nice relaxing evening.
- 639299280@delet...24 Jun, 2009by
If you are expecting an epic cinematic masterpiece, then "The Holiday" is not for you. However, if you are looking for a light, entertaining movie, I would definitely recommend this film. While the previews were intriguing, I was thrilled to find that not every plot element was revealed before I even entered the theater. I completely enjoyed Kate Winslet as hopelessly devoted Iris. She was neurotic, a bit spineless, and absolutely winning. Although I do wish that her story had been developed more thoroughly. I felt a bit like her relationship was rushed through and the film spent a majority of the time focusing on Amanda (Diaz), Graham (Law), and their developing relationship. Despite the fact that I am not a huge Cameron Diaz or Jude Law fan, I was pleasantly surprised with their part of the story! Jack Black kept his character to an energetic hum rather than an explosion of crazy antics. You've just got to love that eyebrow! The scenery was beautiful! The supporting cast was hugely entertaining. I laughed out loud. The ending is fairly predictable. This is a romantic comedy after all. However, "The Holiday" is a great film for those of us who would like to suspend reality for a while and just enjoy. Go see it! Read full review
- 30donnalou26 Jan, 2008by
Watched this film with my children and really enjoyed it, it was an excellent feel good Christmas film that we all enjoyed. So I decided I had to buy it and we have watched it over and over again.
- louthomas25 Jan, 2008by
Fab Rom com
This is a very enjoyable film, great acting and has a "feel good" factor. A bit corny in places, but nevertheless great fun. I would definitely recommend it, probably more for us girls though!