All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionHollywood's famous sign, constructed of massive white block letters set into a steep hillside, is an emblem of the movie capital it looms over and an international symbol of glamour and star power. This title offers an account of how a temporary structure has become a permanent icon of American culture.
- Author BiographyLeo Braudy is among America's leading cultural historians and film critics. He currently is University Professor and Leo S. Bing Chair in English and American Literature at the University of Southern California. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Leo Braudy
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleIcons of America
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note17 b-w illus.
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.