Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.64
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.13
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.25Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- DescriptionWhy did imagery showing the very instant of the birth of black slave freedom invariably personify Liberty as a white woman? Where did the image of the enchained kneeling slave, ubiquitous in abolitionist visual culture on both sides of the Atlantic, come from? This book attempts to answer these questions.
- Author BiographyMarcus Wood is professor of English at the University of Sussex
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note24 colour & 147 b&w photos
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.