All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £10.54Trending at £10.85
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.06Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionTropes of monstrosity, madness, venereal disease, incest and atheism define a group of macabre plays which burst onto the London stage in the 1670s. Dubbed the 'horror' or the 'blood and torture villain tragedies' by modern critics, these deeply unsettling plays fascinated contemporary audiences.
- Author BiographyAnne Hermanson is an Associate Lecturer in Shakespeare and Children's Literature at The Open University, UK.
- Author(s)Anne Hermanson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Performance and Early Modern Drama
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 1 b&w illustration
- Weight520 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Helen Ostovich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.