Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £6.96+ £0.94 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLily Bart lives among the nouveaux riches of New York City. In this aesthetically bankrupt world, Lily, seeks a husband who can satisfy her cravings for endless admiration and wealth. But her quest comes to an end when she is accused of being the mistress of a wealthy man. Exiled from her world of artificial conventions, she finds life impossible.
- Author BiographyEdith Wharton was born Edith Newbold Jones on January 24, 1862, during the American Civil War. Wharton published her first short story in 1891; her first story collection, The Greater Inclination, in 1899; a novella called The Touchstone in 1900; and her first novel, a historical romance called The Valley of Decision, in 1902. The book that made Wharton famous was The House of Mirth, published in 1905. She died in 1937.
- Author(s)Edith Wharton
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/1993
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight258 g
- Width133 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Introduction byCynthia Griffin Wolff
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £6.29
- £4.93Trending at £6.94
- £8.36Trending at £15.33
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £12.58Trending at £15.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.