All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.98Trending at £5.23
- £5.87Trending at £7.03
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £3.44Trending at £4.33
- £5.30Trending at £6.06
- £10.43Trending at £12.13
- £4.69Trending at £7.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe House of the Seven Gables was intended to be a sunnier book and one that would illustrate 'the folly' of tumbling down on posterity 'an avalanche of ill-gotten gold, or real estate'. Many critics have faulted the novel for its explaining away of hereditary guilt. This book instructs the reader in a fresh appreciation of the novel.
- Author BiographyDenis Donoghue is University Professor and Henry James Professor of English and American Letters, New York University. Among his many books are The Practice of Reading, Speaking of Beauty, and On Eloquence.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe John Harvard Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Introduction byDenis Donoghue
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.