All listings for this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £39.00Trending at £39.68
- £3.99Trending at £4.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.43
- £6.29Trending at £7.07
- £13.99Trending at £24.98
- £11.20Trending at £17.54
- £4.34Trending at £5.63
About this product
- DescriptionThis remarkable release presents the original BBC series THE HUMAN BODY in its entirety, following the life cycle from birth to death. Employing state-of-the-art imaging techniques, the programme literally gets under the skin. The set also includes the additional film THE MAKING OF THE HUMAN BODY.
- Leading Role 1Robert Winston
- Director 1Richard Dale
- Director 2Emma De'ath
- Director 3Andrew Thompson
- Additional DirectorsLiesel Evans,Christopher Spencer,John Groom,Peter Georgi
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2001
- GenreGeneral Interest (Leisure/Health)
- Additional GenreHealth, General
- Running Time344 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- martinmjg4216 Sep, 2016by
The human body
High quality presentation which hasn't dated with time. Science presented in an entertaining and warm fashion which captureds the imagination and educates AG the same time. Brilliant.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- jrhardyuk19 Aug, 2010by
An absolute eye opener - great if you have children and for adults alike. Very explanitory for the layman. Highly recommended series.
- workingmum_8808 Aug, 2010by
This is one of my favourite BBC documentaries.
The Human Body takes a factual, biological approach to human biology. It also covers the beginning to end of life. Excellent DVD to use if you want to introduce the topic of sex to your child outside of the school curriculum. Interesting, compassionate and beautifully created. Even though it was done in the mid 1990s, it's still highly relevant today. Note of caution that last topic on dying and death can be upsetting.
- 226789260@delet...22 Sep, 2009by
very intersting dvd if you are about to have a baby,with very intersting footage makes one think how gret live is and very complex at the same time.
- albert_t_cone07 May, 2009by
A spectacular collection.
The Human Body - a topic which could fill several thousand dreary text books, but one which is dealt with here in a well balanced and surprisingly informative way. The more complex concepts involved are explained very clearly, making this an excellent teaching resource for a wide age and ability range. The well paced and modulated presentation doesn't bore the observer, nor leave them lost in a barrage of new vocab and ideas. Overall an excellent series, and a boon for the intelligent layman and teacher alike.