Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionArgues that the humanities - the academic disciplines that study the potential of the human - represent a 'dream of America.' This title explores a number of linked problems: the role, at once inspiring and disturbing, played by modern philology in the discipline's formation; and, the reasons behind the humanities' perpetual state of crisis.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Galt Harpham is president and director of the National Humanities Center. He is the author of many books, including, most recently, The Character of Criticism.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Galt Harpham
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.