All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers the most familiar breeds of domestic ducks, geese, turkeys, guinea fowl and quail in Europe and North America, with concise text about each one and illustrated with delightful paintings by the author.
- Author BiographyCelia Lewis started her art career studying life and portrait charcoal drawing with Signorina Simi in Florence. She is now a member of a dynamic art group and several art societies in Surrey where she lives. She has taken part in group, private and national exhibitions and has won several prizes including the 2005 Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour medal and Royal Watercolour Society Winsor & Newton Prize 2009. Living in the country Celia is lucky enough to be able to keep hens and turkeys in her garden and, along with nearby cows and sheep, this is where she finds her inspiration. Although she works mainly in watercolour, Celia has also branched out into acrylics, drypoint prints and linocuts. Celia is the author and illustrator of the other two titles in this series, The Illustrated Guide to Chickens and The Illustrated Guide to Pigs, and a co-author of Keeping Chickens and Choosing and Raising Chickens.
- Author(s)Celia Lewis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note200+ full colour paintings
- Weight763 g
- Width210 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.