All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.85
- £66.16Trending at £92.21
- £9.68Trending at £10.66
- £14.25Trending at £15.00
- £16.59Trending at £25.31
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £10.38Trending at £10.89
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Models and White Myths examines the racial assumptions behind representations of Africans that emphasized the contrast between civilization and savagery and the development of so-called scientific and ethnographic racism. These works often depicted Africans' allegedly natural behavior as a counterpoint to inhibited European conduct.
- Author BiographyDavid Bindman is Emeritus Professor of the History of Art at University College London. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., is Alphonse Fletcher University Professor and is the Director of the W. E. B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research at Harvard University.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note165 color illustrations, 44 halftones
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDavid Bindman,Henry Louis Gates
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
- Edition Statement2nd New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.