All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows the effects of self-concept on L2 learning and teaching. It includes chapters discussing approaches related to self-concept; empirical studies related to the selves of learners; research from the teachers' perspective on students' self-concept and L2 motivational intervention studies associated with the development of self-concept.
- Author BiographyKata Csizer is a Lecturer in the Department of English Applied Linguistics, Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary where she teaches various L2 motivation courses. Her main research focuses on the socio-psychological aspects of L2 learning and teaching as well as second and foreign language motivation. Michael Magid is an English Language Pedagogy Specialist at the English Language Institute of Singapore. As a pedagogy specialist, Michael is involved in the professional development of English teachers and conducts action research on language learning motivation and using drama as a pedagogical tool to teach English. In his work, Michael draws on his experience of teaching English at all levels in Canada, England, China and Japan as well as his background in Applied Linguistics.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight652 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byKata Csizer,Michael Magid
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.67Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £12.00
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.