Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £82.94Trending at £88.07
- £46.55Trending at £55.08
- £22.26Trending at £26.16
- £4.39Trending at £5.99
- £26.81Trending at £29.02
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you apply game theory to select who should be on your Christmas shopping list? Can you predict Her Majesty's Christmas Message? Full of diagrams, sketches and graphs, equations, Markov chains and matrices, this book aims to brighten up bleak midwinters with lots of mathematical marvels.
- Author BiographyDr Hannah Fry is a mathematician from University College London. In her day job she uses mathematical models to study patterns in human behaviour, from riots and terrorism to trade and shopping. You'll also find her on BBC radio and television where she regularly presents science programmes, or on Youtube's Numberphile channel. Dr Thomas Oleron Evans describes himself as a mathematician and a writer, though how others would describe him is anyone's guess. He used to be a secondary school teacher, but managed to escape and now has a research and lecturing job in London. While broadly agreeable, this does make life a little complicated, since he lives in Strasbourg, France.
- Author(s)Dr Hannah Fry,Thomas Oleron Evans
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- Content Note2 colour with illustrations and graphics throughout
- Weight226 g
- Width134 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.