All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £6.52Trending at £7.84
- £7.68Trending at £9.96
- £6.65Trending at £8.68
- £7.50Trending at £11.85
- £5.00Trending at £5.57
- £4.97Trending at £6.99
- £11.33Trending at £15.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn the late 18th and early 19th centuries, a profound change swept across Britain. The rapid advance of technology increased industrial productivity to a level previously unimaginable. To support this technology, people flocked from the countryside into the cities to take jobs in the factories. This book helps you discover about their lives.
- Author BiographyJonathan Downs is a history writer and journalist, the author of Discovery at Rosetta, a revised narrative history of Bonaparte in Egypt and the British acquisition of the Rosetta Stone in 1801. Author of several history articles for different magazines he has also spoken out about the international controversy concerning the rights of native lands to reclaim their cultural property from western museums. He has edited and written commentary for a number of history titles, such as Sea-Soldier: The Letters and Diaries of Major T. Marmaduke Wybourn RM 1797-1813. He is currently the editor of a specialist collectors' magazine. An ex-patriate Briton raised in Canada, he now lives in Cape Town in South Africa.
- Author(s)Jonathan Downs
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/05/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleShire Living Histories
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight204 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.